Amazed at PLRT's ability in being able to tap into LTM (Long Term Memories)

In an email, to all my students I had once posted the below


Client: I am the captain

The year 1958 comes to my mind…

We call my ship Hans,

It has a long name but we call it Hans!

[Deep within the client is wondering how can a ship have the name, Hans?]


Validation of this post the session was looking the internet and it was nerve chilling moment on finding that there was a ship by this name “Hans Hedtoft” in the year 1958!

Source: MS Hans Hedtoft - Wikipedia

What I had not revealed is that, the client was me!

This session was my first experience of the 15 stage PLR process after 8 years of having developed this method, I finally got to experience it. The Therapist was one of you from the Amarantos Aster batch!

And the funny part of this session was that I’d ask my therapist to give me the suggestions appropriate for the moment and I worked as a client and a proxy therapist for myself!

Anyway coming to what happened today morning, I was inspired to chose the name “Vasi” for our upcoming December batch. (Short for Vasistha as this year’s theme is the Sapta Rishi’s, August one was Atri.)

The flavor I am working on for the the batch is Yoga-Vasistha.

And one of the commentaries prevalent on the internet is by one Swami Venkatesananda

Upon seeing him, the only thought I’ve been having for the past two days was, “Where have I seen him before?”
He is very familiar but I was unable to pinpoint where I had seen him before… This face also looked too strange to be a Swamiji.

Of course, being a PLR therapist, my theories that may be I had seen him in my past life and all that also played up!
So to tap into this memory during my morning mediation I used our stage 11 with a simple “tunnel of light” Visualisation with the command to go back into finding out where I had seen him.

I was quite skeptical if it would work, but lo and behold, it did, the thought of the movie, called “Accidental Prime Minister” surfaced… My conscious mind tried to cogitate as I had seen that movie long long ago.
(In 2019 when my leg was broken and all that I was allowed to do was sit and watch documentaries or movies. After my leg recovered I rarely get the time.)

So right after my mediation I tried to test what surfaced, by searching the net for, “cast of accidental prime minister” got the actor who looked similar to the Swamiji, the actor is Sri Prakash Belawadi!

Don’t you wonder on how megnanemous our unconscious mind is! Doesn’t It have the potential to take us to the point before all these memories (samskaras) shrouded the Real Us?

15 Likes

Amazing dear Venu…Lovely sharing it with us.
Yoga vasishta beautiful!

5 Likes

Dear Venu
Thanks for sharing your personal experience with us it was indeed
interesting to learn them Yes truly the MASTER has always designed our
lives perfectly He has never failed in guiding us too But, it is we who
very often lose focus & direction for materialistic reasons in this world

6 Likes

Amazing and Thought provoking. I wonder where the power of subconscious mind can take us.

6 Likes

That’s amazing Venu Sir, what a profound experience you had and got to the core of it!

4 Likes

अद्भुत learning for me

What fascinated me most in this post was not simply that an apparently obscure detail—“Hans” and 1958—was later found to correspond with Hans Hedtoft, but the fact that the experience was subsequently tested against external information. That movement from inner experience to external verification is, for me, what makes this case particularly interesting.

I also found the second experiment even more revealing in a different way. The Swami’s face created a sense of familiarity, but the conscious mind could not immediately locate the source. Only after using the Stage 11 process did the association with The Accidental Prime Minister surface, which was then checked against the film’s cast.

For me, this opens an important distinction in understanding LTM and unconscious memory: perhaps the unconscious does not always retrieve a memory in the form of a clear sentence such as “I saw this person in that film.” It may first present itself as familiarity, an image, a fragment, a name, a feeling or an inexplicable sense of knowing—and only later does the conscious mind reconstruct the context.

That made me think of the unconscious less as a conventional storage room and more as a vast associative network, where connections may exist even when conscious recall has lost access to them.

And the most interesting part for me is the methodological question: How much of what we call “intuition” might actually be information already present in memory, but inaccessible to ordinary conscious recall?

At the same time, I would keep the historical/PLR interpretation separate from the memory-retrieval observation. The validation of Hans Hedtoft demonstrates an intriguing correspondence; it does not, by itself, establish where the information originated.

शायद unconscious mind की सबसे बड़ी शक्ति यह नहीं कि वह कुछ नया जानता है, बल्कि यह कि वह बहुत कुछ जानता है जिसे conscious mind उस समय access नहीं कर पाता।

And the final thought from this case for me is beautifully simple:

The conscious mind remembers selectively.
The unconscious may associate continuously.
PLRT may sometimes provide a pathway between the two.

That possibility alone makes the exploration of LTM through PLRT deeply fascinating.

5 Likes

Amazing experiences Sir. Thank you for sharing :folded_hands: :heart:

3 Likes

Truly so my beloved @satishsinghthakur

My joy my blessed @sreelethagpillai :folded_hands:

4 Likes