Exploring Self through PLRT

Client Details :

Name : Suraj (Name changed)
Hypnotizability score : 6
VAK : Primary Dominant sense: Visual: Secondary Kinesthetic K Auditory: 3
Eye roll test : (2+1)
Pain level :10/10

Personal Synopsis : He stands at a height of 6 feet and has a very kind personality. He speaks in a respectful manner but lacks the confidence to say no. He often tries to please everyone and often picks up the tab when hanging out with friends. According to him, he has been unable to accumulate wealth. He drinks occasionally or when he becomes frustrated. His relationship with his wife is strained as he is very demanding and has a dominating nature. During their conflicts, he insults him in front of their children, which he finds intolerable. When frustrated, he consumes alcohol and often eats non-vegetarian food, a fact his wife and family are unaware of. According to him, his wife takes good care of their two daughters, and that is the only reason he remains with her, otherwise, he would have sought a divorce long ago.

Client history :

Suraj is employed by a distinguished IT firm and is a father to two daughters. He hails from a Brahmin family that boasts an ancestral jewelry business. He enjoyed a blissful childhood and had a plethora of friends in a village in Gujarat. His family’s business was flourishing until he reached the 10th grade.

They endured a substantial financial setback in their business, coupled with numerous outstanding loans. Debt collectors frequently appeared at their doorstep, demanding repayment, and creating immense tension within the family. Consequently, Suraj had to abandon his studies and concentrate on generating income for the family. He embarked on various small jobs, and his father used all the earnings to repay the loans.

Suraj was engaged to a girl at the tender age of 10, but the engagement was dissolved when he was 18 due to a family dispute. He had only sporadic encounters with this girl and was not significantly involved. Concurrently, he was romantically involved with another girl, to whom he did not propose marriage due to his existing engagement. However, he harbored deep affection for her and desired to marry her after his engagement was terminated. Regrettably, his father did not consent to this union.

Gradually, Suraj’s financial circumstances improved, and he persevered with his studies while maintaining employment. Later, he married a woman chosen by his family. He relocated to Mumbai for employment, while his newlywed wife remained with his family. His mother, a domineering figure, had a strained relationship with his wife. The constant conflicts led his wife to leave Suraj’s home and return to her own family, vowing never to return. However, Suraj persuaded her to move to Mumbai and they began their life there. Despite their low income, Suraj was obligated to remit a portion of his earnings to his father.

This situation perpetuated a persistent discord between Suraj and his wife. Despite securing a lucrative job, he was burdened with the responsibility of settling his family’s debts. They were in a state of financial deflation and had to continually procure loans to repay the ones taken by his father. Suraj still has personal loans under his name, which he took on to alleviate his father’s financial strain. His two brothers remain involved in the family business, which is currently underperforming. These circumstances contribute to the ongoing tension between Suraj and his wife.

Expectations through session :

Through PTLR, the client hopes to understand how the conflicts with his wife can be resolved, leading to a more harmonious life.

Session 1 :
Stages 1 to 8 were completed during the first session.

Themes

By examining the patterns of his life, we can identify a theme that resonates with each phase of his life. He was unable to confront his father about marrying the girl he loved. He finds it difficult to refuse when his father and brother still expect financial help. He is unable to say no to friends who don’t want to pay their share of the party expenses. He couldn’t confront his wife, who constantly abuses him, disturbing his physical and emotional well-being.

Theme: Fear of confrontation.

The client feels insecure about the future due to his lack of savings. Since he was in the 10th grade, his financial condition has been unstable, and the majority of his life’s issues have revolved around finances. He feels traumatized by thoughts concerning his future financial status.

Theme : Financial insecurity

Session 2 :

Completed Stage 9.Informed her that he should feel free to do whatever he wants during the session, whether that’s crying, laughing, or moving/adjusting body parts. After he was comfortable , proceeded to Stage 10.

IMR was established.

“T” represents what the therapist said, and “C” represents what the client said.

We both prayed almighty god and masters.

Began the induction with the Dave-Elman technique, followed by Progressive Relaxation, and further deepened the state with the Ball of Light method.

The non-verbal cues indicated that the client is in a deeply relaxed state, characterized by relaxed and deep breathing, relaxed body parts, and relaxed eyeballs.

Visualization was carried out with a magnificent garden surrounded by snowy mountains.

It was suggested that the garden would be his sanctuary, a place where he could feel rejuvenated, energized, secure, loved, and very much at peace. It was emphasized that he could always return to this garden in her mind, whenever he might feel any discomfort during the session. Furthermore, it was recommended that he carry all the divine, positive energy from this garden with his, and recall it anytime he wishes in the future.

During the reframing process, he was able to observe many of her painful memories and managed to encapsulate them in metaphorical metal frames. Stress emerged (Observed non-verbal cues ) as he recollected her painful memories and was managed through EMDR. After throwing these boxes in the sea, the client expressed a sense of serenity and peace through her non-verbal’s. Subsequently, he was guided back to the garden and gently brought out of her relaxed state.

Guided the client to the temple and did deepening and asked client to choose any door at the temple along with his master.

T: Let us back to the time from where your financial insecurity was originated. Keep waking in the corridor and wait near the door of your choice .As I count from 3 to 1 you enter the door and you could be in an experience where the financial insecurity originated 3 2 …1 . What comes to your awareness?

C: I could see my father in front of me.

T: What is your age?

C: 4 to 5 years

T: What are you wearing?

C: A half pant with a small square pocket on it.

T: What is happening ?

C: My father is asking where did you get this 100 rupees note?

T: What happened next?

C: He took that note from me.

T: How are you feeling?

C: Nothing.

T: What happens next?

C: I went to my Dadi ( Grand mother) she is explaining not to take money like this it is a bad thing. Tell me from where you got it ?

T: Do you know from where you got the money?

C: No

T: As I count from 3 to 1 you may choose to go back to the moment where you got this money. 3…2.1 what comes to your awareness?

C: Nothing. I think I found it somewhere and I put it in my pocket.

T: What do you feel about it?

C: Nothing

T: You may go back to your master and walk in the corridor.

T: Let us back to the time from where your financial insecurity was originated. Keep waking in the corridor and wait near the door of your choice .As I count from 3 to 1 you enter the door at 1 , and you could be in an experience where the financial insecurity originated 3 2 …1 . What comes to your awareness?

C: I am inside a room, there is a small bed and a window. There is world outside this window.

T: What are you wearing ? could you look down at your feet and let me know what you are wearing.

C: No footwear. Black colored pant.

T: Anyone else is around ?

C:No

T: What else could you notice in the room?

C: Nothing else

T: Can you look at your feet?

C: Could see nothing.

T: What happened next?

Guided him to the garden from temple and emerged from the trance.

Pre session discussion: Client looked very frustrated and revealed that after the second session, the client went home and had a fight with his wife for some reason. He revealed that he had consumed a small amount of alcohol due to frustration at late night.

Session 3:

Started with Prayers .We proceeded with Dave-Elman followed by Progressive relaxation.

Next to garden and from there to an ancient temple.

T: Let us back to the time from where the conflicts with your wife originated. Keep waking in the corridor and wait near the door of your choice. As I count from 3 to 1 you enter the door at 1 , and you could be in an experience where the conflicts with your wife originated 3 2 …1 . What comes to your awareness?

C: I am at my Hyderabad house.

T: What is happening there?

C: She is insulting me over a topic.

T: Relax, take deep breathe. What happened next ?

C: Who else is around you? My daughters.

T: How are you feeling about it.

C: There is a feeling of hatred.

T: Can we check from where this hatred for your wife originating from ?

C: Double this hatred and make a imaginary bridge of it and start walking on it as I count from 10 to 1. 10… start walking on the bridge…9…8. keep walking and at the end of this bride you may get an experience from where this hatred for your wife originated. 7…6…4…3… almost there …2…1 what comes to your awareness?

C: Could see a devil in front of me.

T: What is he doing?

C: He is laughing at me.

T: Relax take deep breath. How are feeling about it?

C: Feeling bad. But I am not afraid of him.

T: Who else is around you?

C: No one.

T: What could be the reason he is laughing at you?

C: Don’t know he is just saying you can’t do anything and laughing.

(Therapist thought that it is happening due to consumption of alcohol and guided him back to the garden.)

He looked very Stressed.

Used few deepeners to relax him. His face you full of hatred.

T: At count of 3 to 1 you may choose to reduce the intensity of the hatred to 0

3…2…1

Client looked relaxed and his facial expression changed. To relax him further therapist decided to take him to a happy childhood memory.

T: Can we got to a happy childhood memory?

C: Yes

T: As I count from 3 to 1 you may choose to be in a happy childhood memory. 3…2…1

T: What comes to your awareness?

There was a huge smile on his face.

C: Having Pav bhaji. I am so happy. I could tase the paav bhaji.

T: My mother is giving me the pav Bhaji and I have eaten till by throat . Tummy is so full.

(Huge smile on his face. )

T: Feel this happiness in you. You can remember this happiness whenever required.

Guided him back in time where he experienced another happy childhood memory where he was playing with his friend. Age of 4 or 5.

He could also experience himself going through mother’s womb and his birth. However, he communicated to the therapist post session.

Therapist guided the client back to the garden and emerged out as he looked stressed out.

Session 4:

Started with Prayers .We proceeded with Dave-Elman followed by Progressive relaxation.

Next to garden and from there to an ancient temple.

T: Let us back to the time from where the fear of confrontation originated. Keep waking in the corridor and wait near the door of your choice. As I count from 3 to 1 you enter the door at 1 , and you could be in an experience where fear of confrontation originated. 3 2 …1 . What comes to your awareness?

C: I am in a daldal (sinking sand)

T: Relax take deep breathe. What happens next ?

C: I am getting in the daldal of low self-esteem.

Therapist assumed that is a symbolic the projection his subconscious mind . Therapist got another theme to get to the root cause and decided to use it.

T: Can we check from where this low-self esteem originating ?

T: doble the feeling of the low-self-esteem and make an imaginary bridge of it and start walking on it.

I will count from 10 to 1 at 10 start walking on the bridge and at the count on 1 you could be at the end of the bridge an experience where this low-self esteem is originating from.

10…start walking on the bridge …9…8…7…6…keep walking …5…4…3…you are near to that experience 2…1… be there what comes to your awareness?

C: I am in a desert.

T: What are you wearing ? look at your feet.

C: Torn clothes torn chappals.

T: What could be your name ?

C: No idea

T: Who lease is around you ?

C: No one standing alone.

T: While I was coming here people were laughing at me.

T: What could be the reason they were laughing at you?

C: Don’t know.

T: How did you reach here ?

C: Don’t know.

T: Can we go back and check how you reached this place?

T: Relax , as I count from 3 to 1 you could be in a memory of how you reached here. 3 2 …1

What comes to your awareness?

T: As I count from 3 to 1 choose to be in the dinner time of this life. 3…2…1 What come to your awareness.

C: Nothing.

Therapist considered it as a KMF and hence to deepen his experience tried to make him more relax.

T: What are you feelings .

C: Having very Low self-esteem. Nothing left in this life to do. Seems everything ended.

T: Relax. Take deep breath.

T: What happened next ?

C: Nothing I am just standing in the desert.

T: Go towards end of this lifetime as I count from 3 to 1 at count of 1 choose to be in this experience. 3…2…1. What comes to your awareness.

Guided him back to the garden.

Client said he is now tried and want to emerge back. Looked very stressed and hence wanted to make him relaxed before he could emerge out.

T: Should we go back to the memory of the childhood where you eat pav bhaji.

C: yes

Therapist guided him to the same childhood memory, and he felt very happy. He disclosed few more details and cloud taste the pavbhaji again. He was feeling extremely happy . Huge smile on his face.

Emerged him out of the trace with all positive notes.

The therapist guided him back to the same childhood memory, and he felt very happy. He disclosed a few more details and could taste the pavbhaji again. He was feeling extremely happy, with a huge smile on his face.

The therapist brought him out of the trance with all positive notes.

Closure and integration

His subconscious repeatedly signaled that his self-esteem was the root cause of his issues. The therapist feels that another session should be conducted with the theme of low self-esteem. This has been communicated to the client, and he has agreed to it.

The therapist gave recommendations to improve his self-esteem. He was advised to reduce or completely avoid alcohol consumption, read the Hanuman Chalisa daily without fail, learn to say no, and was encouraged to meditate. The client has agreed to follow these recommendations.

Pain level post session: 5

With Love,

Ashish

1 Like

Dear Ashish,

Very well for conducting the session for the client and sharing the sessions details with us. In my humble opinion, there is a definite requirement of conducting additional sessions to reach the desired resolutions. You have the ingredients ready for it. May I suggest the following which may assist in same :-

1. Do discuss the sessions proceedings in detail with client to arrive at a common benchmark understanding of what has happened till now.
  2. The checklist of pre session Dos and Don’ts be shared again with emphasis on Do Nots as actions like consumption of alcohol prior to D day is a definite recipe for disaster.
  3. Consider conscious bookmarking of the past memories which client has experienced, discuss with him and you may utilise one of them as the start point for next session’s regression.
  4. On aspects of suggestions you may refer to cases and their feedbacks on the forum.
  5. Preparation for session is a very important aspect both for client and therapist and may I suggest to go through chapter on the ibid topic in hand book for regression therapists by Dr Lucas. :pray:

Best Wishes,

Regards

Monesh
:maple_leaf: :maple_leaf: :maple_leaf:

2 Likes

Dear beloved Monesh,

Thank you for your honest feedback. All your suggestions will be considered while redoing the session. His low self-esteem, projected through metaphors, could be a recurring theme for upcoming sessions.
You have been a wonderful support for the Atlantis batch.

With Love and gratitude

Ashish

2 Likes

Thanks you for taking the time to reach out and share about this session with us @Ashish-Meher
Further to what our @Monesh_Bathre has shared

Well done on arriving at the theme,

Now can these two be further distilled into one?

2 Likes

Dear Beloved Master Venu,

Thank you for spending your valuable time to review this case. Deep gratitude. During the session it was very much evident that his low self-esteem was the cause of his problems. Low self esteem would be the theme for his next sessions. Thank you so much for your valuable feedback and guidance. :pray::pray:.