Importance of body in Spiritual Journey

“Geetha Akka, I read one of your post today, I have always meditated that I want to be in the company of someone who can show me how to do social service alongwith daily routine work and I feel inspired by your life, by your sessions, I want to know the purpose of my life, why I feel insecure and rejected”

This came from a young woman whom I met while attending a residential meditation programme of Isha, this beautiful young soul is a strong independent single mother in search of the permanent happiness and purpose. After this message I elaborated little about PLR and we fixed up a date for her session and as it usually happens she reached on the dot.

After the initial formalities we started with the history taking and I could feel this young girl had gone through a lot more to bear than her age, her parents married off her at an early age maybe to get rid of their so called responsibilities and actually they themselves threw her into hell. She used to regularly witness extreme physical, verbal abuse by not only her husband but also her mother in law. When she shared this with her parents and brother they wanted her to somehow adjust as they feared what the society would think if she walks out. Anyway she had to ultimately break all the barriers and walk out of the worst phase of her life alongwith her daughter .

Her journey so far made me feel that even though we boast of being in Modern civilisation we are still lagging far behind in matters pertaining to our daughters. Why are we still following the age old ritual of dumping our girls into marriage just because we have to face the society. I am not at all able to understand as to why the girls who are brought up as little princesses by the parents become burden when they reach the marriageable age. It’s absolutely not about the money I am sure most of the parents have a lot of money and can easily take care of her, but the social pressure is so high on our heads that we feel we are done with our responsibilities only after our daughter gets married and in this peer pressure we unknowingly dump the apple of our eyes into garbage to suffer the rest of her life.

Anyway there was lot to share which the little one had hidden deep inside. After relaxing her which actually took a lot of time, the young girl drifted into deep trance.

Th : What comes to your awareness

Cl : I am not comfortable. Its very strange. It’s not like a place. I feel there is no space. Am twisting and turning. Very different experience. I feel like am in my mom’s womb she is crying……(her face was twisting turning, as if she is facing a lot of pain- I had to console her as I was also confused) Suddenly she felt acute pain, tiny drops of tears were rolling down her cheeks as she was experiencing lots of pain…

Th Its Ok just let the pain pass through. What happened

Cl She is got… got a hit…she fell down from cycle….

Th Who got a hit who fell down

Cl My mother she was sitting behind. I don’t know but she fell down and she got hurt.

its paining……its paining….(she started crying)……the pain is passing through my spinal cord,……I feel I am very tired….I am still inside my mom’s stomach……she is very stressful….she is crying she didn’t want the baby she is happy with 2 sons……she is thinking she doesn’t want me…why I have to be alive…is my feeing…why is confusion at this stage….I feel so rejected and dejected…

I am in the space……its dark……(The journey to past life actually started now)

Th What comes to your awareness

(What came next was a beautiful revelation which would be useful for all the souls on Spiritual journey)

I am sitting inside some place which looks like mountain……

i am young….i am a saint….i am wearing a white cloth….

i am a male….young 30-40 years….such a calm face….so innocent face….there is a mountain…there are trees…

The year is 1900….looks like Himalayas…I am doing my practices….Oh Oh…I fell down and slipped…I lost my body….

I have to practice this sadhana…but I need a body….what will I do….how will I do my sadhana….how to continue my practice….(she started crying again)

What will I do….body is required ….there is one guru……

There is a bright light……i am traveling….

Now I got a body…now I have to practice….

Purpose of my life is to merge with this light……I am moving towards my purpose…with constant practice of Sadhana and Loving serving all the beings which come in contact with me…All this can be done only if I HAVE THE BODY

The most beautiful part happened 3-4 days after her session when I got a call from her stating that her Mom had actually fallen down from cycle, it seems her father was riding the cycle and her mom sitting behind fell and got hurt. She also confirmed that her Mom felt why she needed this baby when 2 boys were more than enough. She also shared that her mom was very much surprised when she shared coz her Mom had almost forgotten this incident long back.

We may not have proof for Past lives but cases like this are examples which make a PLR session authentic. Felt so much gratitude for the young girl who gave such profound lessons to me.

8 Likes

Thank you Geeta for once again sharing a beautiful experience. In the Mahabharatha it is said that Abhimanyu, while in the womb of the mother heard his father, Arjuna, reveal the secret of breaking the Chakrayuha, to Subadra (Arjuna’s wife). He could remember this. Modern science has also now talking about how the pregnant mother and the environment has an impact on the child when born. The Hindu scriptures talk about giving the right samsakaras to the child and we normally discount these scriptures. The experience you have shared once again establishes the importance of giving the child to be born the right atmosphere.

3 Likes

Our belief system is formed by our life experiences. Jews still believe that the world is a difficult place to live in and that danger lurks everywhere around them.

India has survived many foreign invasions and brutality. Parents have not shed the fear and as such face the fear in different ways. Some empower their children while some inculcate fear and helplessness into their children. They believe that fear might keep their children safe.

The Sashtras and Puranas say that men and women are of equal status. No one is inferior to the other (Shrimad Bhagwatam).

Male were otherwise preferred as they faced lesser danger or being kidnapped by the invaders. Parents had to hide their daughters from danger. Maybe that was why the male gender was preferred.

India needs to remember it Power all over again. I believe it is happening now, under Modiji. Jhansi ki Rani was an Indian. Sati Savitri was an Indian. Besides these women, there were so many more female warriors in India. No female needs to fear or accept abuse. Lord Shiva vow protection towards such women (Shiv Purana). A woman is a Ma is a Janani.

7 Likes

Thank you so much Nisha Mam for enlightening

1 Like

Very true Harishji but we fail to understand the power of the soul which starts from the moment it enters the womb and slowly it gets attached to the body and completely forgets its true form. PLR helps us connect with our true form.

3 Likes

Beautiful session Geetha.

1 Like

You are already enlightened my dear. I look up to you and respect you very much for your spirituality and faith in God.

1 Like

Thank you dear dipti