Some books are meant to be read, some to acquire knowledge, and a rare few for complete inner transformation. Fortunately, three such books came into my life that I found to be absolutely complete in themselves.
For those who have stepped onto the path of transformation, Zen Yoga** by P. J. Saher** can prove to be an extraordinary guide. It serves as a practical manual for integrating Ashtanga Yoga into daily life.
The second book is The Book of Mirdad** by Mikhail Naimy**, an author originally from Lebanon. The Book of Mirdad emerges as a revolutionary work to discern the ultimate truth with absolute clarity; every single page feels like a proclamation of divine wisdom (Brahma Jnana). When I read it for the first time, it shook my innermost self so deeply that its insights echoed within me for days.
The third book is the Ashtavakra Gita. I have read and studied various philosophies of Vedanta and all the major Upanishads, yet some questions always remained unanswered. But when I read the Ashtavakra Gita, I felt I had never encountered a more complete book.
If you wish to dive deep into spirituality, I highly recommend giving these three books a cherished place in your library.
That’s very interesting and informative. Im on it already. First I’m gonna try the local library then Amazon may be. And I’m pretty sure @ushapssk will definitely find a PDF version for all of it. She is an expert on that! Thank you so much for sharing, I always look for new books that can make a change in my inner journey but I get bored easily so it has to be engaging!
Usually, we choose books according to our interests. But there are some awakened books that seem to choose their readers themselves. It is only when our frequency of consciousness resonates with them that we are able to see them, find them, or truly read them. This has been my experience with pure and awakened books.
You have no idea how much I resonate to this, it’s like You spoke my mind. This has been happening to me since forever and I’m so grateful to the universe for sending me all the guidance and people so may be it’s my time to read these books thank you
what Ashtavakra gave King Janaka as Brahma-jnana later came to be known as the Ashtavakra Gita. So, rather than reading it, I feel it can be more impactful if we listen to it. That has been my observation.
If you would like to listen to it, then in modern times, I feel Osho has given one of the finest interpretations of Ashtavakra. In fact, I believe that one of Osho’s most original spiritual contributions is his commentary on Ashtavakra—the Ashtavakra Mahageeta.
Apart from that, if you would prefer to read it as a book, there are a few books that I would recommend. I’m sharing their links with you.
I feel some books don’t really come into our lives by chance, they arrive when something within us is ready to listen.
What you’ve shared about these three books makes me curious to explore them too. And perhaps that is the beauty of true spiritual reading - the words may be on the page, but the real journey happens somewhere within us.
Perhaps the most beautiful part of guidance is that it often feels like recognition rather than discovery — something within us simply knows when the right words, people or experiences arrive.
Maybe these books are waiting to remind you of something you already carry within.
Yes, this resonates deeply with my own experience too.
Perhaps, in the infinite stream of consciousness, there are moments when our own inner rhythm begins to resonate with the larger rhythm of the whole. And when that alignment happens, messages, people, books and experiences that can take us towards a higher state of awareness seem to begin appearing naturally, almost effortlessly.
Maybe nothing is really accidental in such moments. We simply become receptive to what was already waiting to meet us.