Lack of motivation for self-improvement

Name : Subh
Hypnotisability score : 6
Dominant sense : A – 9, V – 5, K - 1
Eyeball score : 2

First session

13th December
5:30 PM to 8 PM

The client approached me on her husband’s recommendation, who had undergone a PLRT session during previous month. She was curious to have an experience of previous lives. 21 years back, she had undergone a PLRT session with Dr Syed in Bangalore. On seeking further details, she advised that he conducted the session jointly on a group of 5 clients who were squatting on ground. First day, he asked them to focus on breathing and concentrate on Lord Krishna. Second day, he again did the same thing and gave prompts to go to previous lives. A few could see previous lives, but client did not see it. She only reached meditative stage and saw some vague images (could not recall those). She also felt as if she was outside the body and was watching her body. The sessions lasted for about three hours each.

Initially, she seemed to be a little tense. But within 15 minutes, she became comfortable and looked relaxed. She sat back and started talking freely. She had full command on the language, though her voice was a little low. Pacing was unhurried and had a tendency to look left side while speaking.

After my introduction and pre-talk, I asked her if she had any questions. She had none though she had heard the entire pre-talk with interest. She seemed to know some of the content and kept making remarks like ‘yes, I know’ etc.

History

She was born in a middle class family and lived in a joint family. Grandfather controlled the house and had a system of family meetings to settle family disputes. The family faced monetary issues. Her father was an alcoholic due to bad company but, when she was in 7th standard, he left alcohol after de-addiction by AA. She has a four years elder brother and 2 years elder sister.

She was close to her cousin who had motherly affection for her. Otherwise, she was not social and did not have friends. She was a good student but never liked to go to a school and preferred to sit under a guava tree. She learnt Bharatnatyam and shlokas and was fascinated by Mirabai. She often wondered about the real purpose of life. When in college, she joined Spic Macay which was life changing. She was in funds collection team and often visited schools, colleges and other organisations and used to address groups to get funds. She also travelled to Calcutta and Puri for Spic Macay work. She had joined MBA, but when some friends planned a start up, she left it after one year. Her uncle gave seed money and she became the head of marketing. She travelled a lot and developed a big network of dealers all over India. There were many disputes and fights among founder members and she was the one who kept the group together (I feel she has this quality due to her upbringing in a joint family). She got married five years after starting the venture.

Even after marriage she continued to focus on business and there was no work-life balance. On a business trip to Bombay, she prayed in Siddhivinayak temple before a meeting with Reliance Telecom top bosses. As she succeeded in getting the deal, she feels that this was an important event in her life and it strengthened her belief in God. 5 years after marriage, she was blessed with a son and 2 years later she got a daughter.

Fights among founder members continued, and, 14 years after starting the business, she decided to call it a day. She mentioned that children’s responsibility was also a major reason for this decision. At present, she is teaching in her son’s school.

She has tried various religious pursuits from time to time. She learnt Kriya Yoga immediately after college days. She has been going to Pratap baba and Om Swami for guidance. She said that she saw an aura around Om Swami when she met him for the first time. She also learnt Reiki level 3A, though she is not practicing it.

She maintains extremely good relations with her husband and her parents-in-laws who are staying with them. She feels that she has been blessed with wonderful children who are doing extremely well academically and have wonderful qualities.

She said that she remains content and accepts life as it is. She does not have attachment with anything. She is very compassionate and likes to help everyone.

I thanked her for sharing her fascinating life story and complimented her on her wonderful qualities. She left after I played the The Great Bell Chant video for relaxing cognitive fatigue.

Second session

22nd December
5:30 PM to 9:45 PM

She did not wish to add anything to what she had mentioned earlier and she did not have any questions. She expressed her keenness for the session.

After discussions, she decided “lack of motivation for Self-improvement” as theme. She had not mentioned this quality during history taking. However, while finalizing theme, on exploring what improvements she would like to have in her life, she indicated that she does not continue with her resolutions, be it meditation, yoga, exercise, walk, learning new things etc. She wanted to know the reason for this trait.

I again played The Great Bell Chant video to relax cognitive fatigue and left her alone.

After the video, she moved to the recliner.

We completed the checklist, decided the IMR and carried out the Dave Elman induction, followed by Progressive Relaxation. Staircase and garden were used as visualization.

On prompts to access happy memories, she recalled:

• When her son was born. She indicated that she was feeling very happy to see his face. She felt immense calmness and divinity radiating from his face.
  • She recalled the moment when she met her husband for the first time - with thick eyebrows, French beard, deep eyes…looking like Jesus.
  • She saw family sitting in the hall in old family house where she grew up. They were all sitting and having food on the ground. She saw her grandfather and other family members.

On prompts to approach even earlier time when she was a baby, she saw her as one year child plucking flowers. But saw only darkness when in-utero.

On prompts for asking a wise man, she indicated that the wise man is saying that she has to work on her resolutions and make a conscious effort to follow these. She was advised to use her willpower and should not give up. She indicated that the wise man looked like the Swamiji from Hariharpura Math.

T: Great. Having accessed a few happy memories of this life and having spoken to the wise man, while taking rest on the bench in this magical safe garden, maybe it is time now to access memories of previous life times. Yes … in this altered state …. You can access all the memories, including memories which have answer to the question why is it that you do not have adequate resolve for your self-improvement. Would you like to access such memories?

T: (on indication of ‘yes’ through IMR) Allow yourself to imagine a bridge on edge of this garden, the bridge which can take you to such memories ……. Are you able to imagine such a bridge?

T: (on indication of ‘yes’) Great. Allow yourself to walk on this bridge …. I will count from 3 to 1 and at the count of 1 allow yourself to reach at the other end of the bridge …… 3 starting to walk on the bridge …… 2 … midway …. 1 … at the other end of the bridge … could you reach other end of the bridge…

T: (on indication of ‘yes’) Great. Would you like to tell me what comes to your awareness?

C: I can see golden light all around. I am standing in the golden light.

T: Very nice. Golden light all around you …allow yourself to walk in this golden light and see if you emerge from the golden light and let me know what comes to your awareness.

C: I am walking now… still golden light around me.

T: Ok. May be you can continue to walk and see what comes to your awareness.

C: I have emerged now. I see a nun … I am a Christian nun in while robe …. I am praying …

T: Oh. Great. You are a nun in while robe, praying… can you make out your age when you are a nun, praying…

C: I am young… I look to be around 21 years…

T: Great. Does any name come to your awareness?

T: (on getting no response) While praying as nun when you are around 21 years old, does any name or place come to your awareness?

C: (simply ignored my question) I see a big temple. There is a big temple in front of me.

(she was speaking in a low voice. I was struggling to make out what she was saying.)

T: Oh. Very nice. A big temple. Does any place come to your awareness for the big temple?

C: Nepal or Tibet. It is a monastery.

T: Great. You see a monastery which is located in Nepal or Tibet. Allow yourself to go inside the monastery and see what comes to your awareness.

C: I have entered the monastery. A very big hall … large number of monks are praying here … everyone is putting on golden yellow robes… no one is speaking .

T: Great. A big hall and a large number of monks praying…. are you also there somewhere, what comes to your awareness?

C: I am also there … I am also a monk … I am also praying …

T: Great. Praying in a monastery as a monk … Are you able to make out your age when you are praying as a monk…

C: I am young … I should be around 20 years old …

T: Great. Praying as a 20 years old monk … does any name come to your awareness when you are praying as a young monk?

T: (on getting no response) Great. A big monastery in Nepal or Tibet… many monks praying in a big hall … everyone in golden yellow robes …you are also praying as a young monk… does any name comes to your awareness…

C: (I had not completed my sentence, when she spoke in a low voice and quite softly) I am in golden light … I am feeling very nice… I see a big lotus I am just sitting in front of this lotus … feeling very calm, very nice…

T: Great. Sitting in front of a lotus in golden light, feeling very calm, very nice … would you like to describe your dress …

T: (on getting no response and having waited for some time) Would you like to tell me what comes to your awareness now…

C: I see a king like figure, many Arabs standing in front of a monument … it’s a pyramid like structure…

T: Great. A king like figure standing in front of a monument with many Arabs. Are you there, somewhere in front of the monument?

C: The monument looks like a pyramid. We are standing in front of the pyramid.

T: Great. In front of a monument which looks like a pyramid. Does any name comes to your awareness?

T: (on getting no response and having waited) Would you like to tell me what comes to your awareness?

C: (very slowly) I am surrounded by golden light.

T: Great. Surrounded by golden light, what comes to your awareness other than golden light?

C: (very slowly) Golden light all around me… feeling very nice, calm…

T: Great. Enjoy the moment, feeling very nice, calm surrounded by golden light… continue to enjoy the moment… and let me know when you emerge from the golden light

C: I see a Buddha figure emerging from water … it looks like a statue …. I am bowing to the statue and praying….

T: Great. Praying to Lord Buddha. Continue to pray and let me know what comes to your awareness.

(I waited patiently for, may be 1 minute)

C: I am nun. Jesus Christ is standing in front of me. He is just smiling to me and blessing me.

T: Great. Jesus Christ blessing you when you are a nun. Continue to get blessed and let me know what comes to your awareness.

(Again I waited patiently)

C: (on her own) I see Krishna with a beautiful girl. He is smiling.

T: Great Lord Krishna with a beautiful girl smiling. Do you recognize the girl?

C: She is just there. Both are looking at me. I am feeling very blissful and calm.

T: Great. Feeling very blissful and calm. Continue to enjoy the moment and let me know what comes to your awareness.

T: (on getting no response and having waited) Enjoying feeling blissful and calm with Lord Krishna and a beautiful girl, let me know what comes to your awareness.

T: (on getting no response) Are you able to hear my voice?

T: (on getting a ‘yes’ response through IMR) Great. Let me know what comes to your awareness.

T: (on getting no response) Would you like to emerge now and come to present consciousness?

T: (on getting ‘yes’ response) Very nice. Having enjoyed feeling blissful and calm, maybe it’s the time to return to present consciousness. I will count from 1 to 3 and at the count of 3 allow yourself to return to the magical garden. 1 starting the journey to the magical garden …… 2 on way …. and 3 … allow yourself to reach the magical garden… are you in the garden?

T: (on getting ‘yes’ response) Great. I will count from 1 to 10 and at the count of 10 allow yourself to return to the present consciousness. 1 starting to return the present consciousness… 2…3…4… 5…6…7…8… almost there …… 9… 10. . allow yourself to return to the present consciousness. You may open the eyes when you feel comfortable.

(Client did not open the eyes, may be for a minute)

T: Ok. Subh. Are you able to hear my voice?

T: (on getting a ‘yes’ response through IMR) Great Subh. You may open your eyes when you feel comfortable.

Client still did not open eyes and I continued to wait. She opened the yes after sometime, may be 2 to 3 minutes, looked at me smilingly and said she was in different world, she just did not want to come back. I asked her if she was feeling alright. She said that she was perfect. She further indicated that she was still feeling very blissful and calm and was hating to come back to the present consciousness.

Closure

After she had used the washroom and had water, we reviewed the session. Her opening remark was, “What a beautiful experience! I just did not feel like coming back to the present.” She looked at the watch and said that “My God. Three and half hours gone. It just did not feel like that.” She indicated that she was feeling very positive and energized. I asked her if she had got the answer to her question how to get better motivation for self-improvement. She said that she has to work on it and there was no other method.

I indicated to her that what she saw were only moments from her previous lives, what we call Key Moment Flow. These are usually processed further to get details of that life. This could not be done in her case as she was jumping from scene to scene. She wanted to know how that could have helped her when she had got her answer. I tried to explain, but it seems that it did not interest her. She continued to smile and at the end again remarked that it was a beautiful experience.

Report and recommendations

I sent the report and made following recommendation:

“Regarding not able to have adequate motivation for self-improvement, you may like to follow following steps:

• Next time you decide something, declare it to your family members, friends, well wishers etc. (with whomsoever you are comfortable with).
  • Write down the benefits of self-improvement you have decided for yourself.
  • Put it on some wall in a prominent place, where you are able to see it easily.
  • You have been blessed with wonderful children. For self-improvement, you may consider asking them to be your parents and guide you, nudge you and suitably motivate you.
  • Just do not bother if you are not able to follow it for a few days, few months etc. Just accept it and continue / make a fresh start.

You had indicated that you remain content and accept life as it is. These are wonderful qualities and are rare. I feel such qualities are key to happiness. My compliments and I wish you all the best for a blissful happy life ahead.”

Conclusion

After the session, I was quite confused. I noticed that every time I asked the client about her name in that life time, she switched to a different life. In the end she was seeing God in different forms.

I am wondering if I could not handle the KMF properly to get the classic pattern or is it that theme was not strong enough. It could also be that the client had her own agenda and did not want to be guided by me. Venu and others on forum may like to indicate how I could have handled the session in a different manner.

3 Likes

Blessed are the ones who can find your time and come to sessions with you my beloved @ceoccfb

Request you to kindly adjourn the sessions atleast by taking the client until Stage 10 and 11 mainly to focus on relaxation and ensuring their mind is cleared off the dust (memories) that were steered up, ensuring they can get a good nights sleep.

consistently paraphrasing, pacing and leading! Well done.

seems like this is what she was missing, it was more of a psychic sadness.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the review and comments.

1 Like

Dear Arvind Sir,

Another splendid series of sessions by your blessed consciousness…You are truly an amazing PLR therapist… :yellow_heart:

My feedback is as under for your consideration pl,

Auditory clients intrigues me …though I haven’t come across any till now.

The client is indeed a blessed soul.

You can access all the memories, including memories which have answer to the question why is it that you do not have adequate resolve for your self-improvement.

Wonderfully paraphrased and crafted… :yellow_heart: so many of them indeed.

Perfect one as per the situation.

Intoxicated in Divine Bliss who would like to hear the Mortal Words!!

Blessed with the complete Platter…Magical :heart: :heart:

In my humble opinion the divine consciousness had taken over the session and brought the blissful experience to Subh. As therapist we may only appreciate of a session progressing in a particular way but once it has commenced and Blessings of God Almighty has started to Pour In the divine will do the needful.

Heartiest Congratulations…

Regards

Monesh
:maple_leaf: :maple_leaf: :maple_leaf:

Thanks a lot for the encouraging words. so grateful to you. Very truily indicated
“As therapist we may only appreciate of a session progressing in a particular way but once it has commenced and Blessings of God Almighty has started to Pour In, the divine will do the needful.”
This is the reason, I always feel and invaribaly tell clients that it is God’s intervention that we are here for the session. My going for the PLRT workshop itself was due to God’s intervention and I went totally as non-believer. I also start with the prayer that let Almighty do what is best for the client and I am merely a medium.

1 Like